- 01/05/2015 - PDFCube is finally on GitHub!!!
PDF Cube is a fast and light PDF viewer with some nice features and effects.
It uses Poppler and OpenGL APIs to add 3D spinning cube page transitions to PDF documents.
It adds some eye-candy and smooth transitions to PDF presentations (specially Latex, Beamer or Prosper presentations).
Rotating 3D cube transition is of great effect when put on a big projection screen, so be moderate! One or two cube transitions done when changing argument can help understanding that you are switching to a new part of the presentation. On the other hand using cube transition on every page can give seasickness to your audience ;).
The main focus of PDFCube is on quality of the animation (given some supported DRI hardware), speed and reliability.
There is no need to download from me. PDFCube is free software and is packaged by all major linux distributions.
If you want the code go to GitHub.
See PdfCubeCompatibility to know which hardware pdfcube runs on and success stories.
- Like many other Free Softwares, PDFCube is included in the Free Software Directory, a project of the Free Software Foundation (FSF) and United Nations Education, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- Chris Tyler's review.
- Linux Weekly News in 2006 and a full review in 2008
- Fedora Weekly News
- 08/07/2012 - PDFCube 0.0.5 (the cwh release) can be downloaded from the usual place tar.gz, you can see the new features in the manpage: ManPage0.0.5
- 14/05/2012 - PDFCube 0.0.4 tar.gz released to the public.
- 13/12/2011 - Emil Kjer successfully built and installed pdfcube-0.0.4-beta on MacOS X (MacOsDetails)
- 12/12/2011 - pdfcube-0.0.4-beta released
- 12/12/2011 - Andreas Moog reported successfully running pdfcube-trunk on Ubuntu Precise Pangolin
- 05/11/2011 - Compatibility issue with poppler 0.18 should be fixed in trunk. (please note that the new version reads transitions from the pdf file, so when a box transition is detected the cube effect is applied).
- 08/01/2009 - Ooops, we did it again... :)
- 25/12/2008 - 365 downloads in the last 4 days.
- 22/12/2008 - PDFCube PDFCube 0.0.3 released, download it here.
- 17/12/2008 - PDFCube source code has been downloaded 175 times in the last 10 days (and 3105 times in the last year and 5925 times since the first release).
- 12/12/2008 - New PDFCube 0.0.3 beta available. This was a joint work with Karol Sokolowsky.
- 02/01/2007 - PDFCube made it on Linux Weekly News
- 19/12/2006 - Version 0.0.2 released.